- This event has passed.
Fair Housing Act 50th Anniversary Campaign Launch
January 25, 2018 @ 7:00 pm - 10:00 pm EST
NFHA will host an inaugural event to kick off the Fair Housing Act 50th Anniversary Commemoration. This event, co-hosted by the National Museum of African American History and Culture, will feature the re-release of Seven Days, a short film chronicling the seven days from the assassination of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. to the passage of the Fair Housing Act. Special presenters include Senator Tim Kaine and Shanna L. Smith. The event will also feature a special panel discussion of today’s foremost civil rights leaders, historians and activists including:
- Natalie Abatemarco, Managing Director, CitiGroup
- Vanita Gupta, President & CEO, The Leadership Conference on Civil & Human Rights
- Gale King, Executive Vice President, Nationwide
- Marc Morial, President & CEO, National Urban League
- Lisa Rice, Executive Vice President, National Fair Housing Alliance
- Greg Squires, Professor of Sociology and Public Administration, George Washington University
- Frank Wu, Distinguished Professor, University of California Hastings College of Law
- Janet Murguía, President & CEO, UNIDOS-US
The event is sponsored by Citi Community Development, Nationwide, JPM Chase and State Farm.